Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, corporate name, email address, social security numbers, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information, account information and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We May Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our Services and/or mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below. Currently, Computershare does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from browsers.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources, subject to any required consents, and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources. If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Georgeson and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
If you have accessed our United States web site, the information we collect will be governed by U.S. law. If you have accessed our Canadian web site, the information we collect will be governed by Canadian law. We may store your information in databases located outside the United States and Canada, however. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and Canada and other countries. Such information may be subject to the laws of the country where the information is stored.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including, with respect to the Georgeson inVUä platform, TSX Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “TSX”) as well as TSX’s vendors, consultants and other service providers carrying out work on TSX’s behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Georgeson or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you. We will not disclose your personal information to any other third party or sell your information to any parties for unsolicited marketing purposes.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your personal connections or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Georgeson takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update or correct information about you or deactivate your account at any time by contacting us at the address provided below. If you deactivate your account, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could severely and adversely affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
We may share the information we collect via cookies and Google Analytics with our related entities within the Computershare Group including entities located outside of the United States who assist us in supplying our services including through data storage solutions, back-up services and IT support. These entities are generally located in Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Australia. We may also disclose it to others if required to do so by law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Georgeson by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Georgeson Securities Corporation:
118 Fernwood Avenue
Edison, NJ 08837
Georgeson LLC and Georgeson inVU/U.S.
Privacy Officer/Legal Dept.
480 Washington Blvd.|
Jersey City, NJ 07310
Chief Privacy Officer
100 University Avenue 11th Floor, North Tower
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2Y1
Tel: (416) 862-8088
Last Updated: October 7, 2015