Illinois has overhauled their unclaimed property law with the passage of S.B. 9 and S.B. 868 in 2017 (effective January 1, 2018). Some of the significant changes to the Illinois unclaimed property law include:
- Updated dormancy periods
- New reporting requirements for securities
- Accelerated dormancy periods for deceased owners
- Clarifying owner interest
- Transitional provision
This webinar will outline the changes to the Illinois Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act and provide guidance to holders for reporting in 2018 and thereafter.
- G. Allen Mayer, General Counsel, Illinois State Treasurer
- Gwen Drake, Assistant General Counsel, Illinois State Treasurer
- Rick Cory, Manager for Unclaimed Property Compliance, Illinois State Treasurer
Dana Terry, Unclaimed Property Consulting Director, Georgeson
This webinar was originally recorded on January 30 2018. You can access the Q&A that was covered during the live session here.