The 2017 Annual Corporate Governance Review
This report offers a comprehensive set of 2017 proxy season data and will serve as a definitive reference point as you prepare for the upcoming proxy season. The report provides a review of relevant corporate governance issues, a detailed analysis of shareholder proposal voting patterns and an extensive list of say-on-pay results. It also examines key trends in 2017 annual meetings and year-over-year summary trends, providing the insights to help you anticipate what expect in the upcoming 2018 proxy season.
This year Georgeson is pleased to partner with Proxy Insight on the coordination of voting data and analytics. Proxy Insight was instrumental in sourcing the annual meeting and proxy data contained in this report.
- Increasing push for diversity and tenure reforms in boardrooms
- Say-on-pay and focus on pay-for-performance alignment
- Record number of majority “For” votes for environmental and social proposals
- New this year – U.S. and European investor voting trends
- Seon Barbera, Computershare
- Nathan Busch, Computershare
- Don Cassidy, Georgeson
- Nick Dawson, Proxy Insight
- Seth Duppstadt, Proxy Insight
- Rajeev Kumar, Georgeson
- Michael Maiolo, Georgeson
- Aaron Miller, Georgeson
- Brigid Cremin Rosati, Georgeson
- Conor Sheehan, Georgeson
Access a complimentary copy of the report to the right.
Georgeson has collected and published statistics on corporate governance proposals since 1987, the year institutional investors first sponsored shareholder proposals. With more than 30 years of historical information related to U.S. shareholder proposals and corporate governance matters, we have a uniquely comprehensive database of shareholder activity and would be happy to collaborate with interested parties and academics who wish to leverage this database.